Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
New York, United States
Professor J. Thomas Roland, Jr., MD is the Chairman of the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Professor of Neurosurgery, Co-Director of the NYU Langone Health Cochlear Implant Center and Co-Director of the Neurofibromatosis Center at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York, NY.
His clinical work over the past 25 years has been in the management of lateral skull base tumors including an interest in hearing management in the patient with NF2. Additionally he has performed more than 3000 cochlear implants with special interest and expertise in the complicated cases. The NYU group is also one of the largest Auditory Brainstem Implant teams in the United States.
The bulk of Dr. Roland’s research is related to cochlear implant electrode design and implementation, auditory brainstem implant in children with cochlear nerve deficiency, outcomes with skull base tumors and facial nerve reanimation. He has published over 200 manuscripts, is the editor of three textbooks and has numerous textbook chapters. Lastly, Professor Roland has a keen interest in teaching, has performed surgery in over 12 countries, and has continuing hearing health projects in Uganda and Israel.
Dr Ameet Kishore, MBBS(AFMC), FRCS(Glas), FRCS(Edin), FRCS-ORL(UK)
Sr Consultant Surgeon in ENT & Neurotology
Sr Consultant , Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Director, Adventis ENT & CI Clinic
Positions held : Formerly : Consultant Otolaryngologist & Hon Sr Lecturer, Glasgow Royal Infirmary University Hospital (UK). Served as Hon Secretary of CIGI. Co-Founding trustee of " I Can Hear Foundation".
Professor and Head of ENT
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences
President : The Association of Phonosurgeons of India
i) Co Editor- Text Book of Laryngology- published by JayPee Brothers, 2017
Workshops and conferences
Invited faculty at European Otolaryngology Congress, Brussels 2019
Mentor surgeon for cochlear implantation programme in many medical colleges and private Institutions in West Bengal, Assam, Manipur and Bangladesh.
Delivered Orations and Key note address at many state and regional conferences
Lecturer (Speech and Hearing)
- About 25 journal articles in National and International journals
- Study material and resource material for Open Universities and RCI
- In-house publications
- Pediatric audiology
- Cochlear Implants
- Management of children with multiple impairments
HOD Dept. of ENT Dr. Hedgewar Hospital, Aurangabad.
Incharge Kimaya Cochlear Implant Center Aurangabad.
Awards & Publications : Working as PG Teacher and Guide for DNB (National Board of Examination) Since 10 yrs.
International Journal of Scientific Research.
International Journal of Scientific Research. Volume-8 Issue-3 March-2019
Role of Endoscopic Assessment of Extent of Cholestetoma Disease in Middle EAR Cleft.
Areas of Interest : Otology, Especially Cochlear Implant Surgery
Dr Brajendra Baser, M.S. (AIIMS), DNB,DLO(London),FRCS(Edin)
Consultant –Rhinoplasty surgeon
M.S. (AIIMS), DNB,DLO(London),FRCS(Edin) Dr.Baser passed his M.S in Otorhinolaryngology from Prestigious AlIIMS New -Delhi. He WORKED AS Lecturer at the T.N.Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Hospital Mumbai &Later on worked as associate professor for 5 Years at the G,S medical college &KEM Hospital ,Mumbai He did fellowship in Facial Plastic surgery from University of Gothenburg, Sweden. He was the first ENT surgeon to start Rhinoplasty practise in Mumbai He is considered as Pioneer of Rhinoplasty in India, and the National ENT association conferred him with the prestigious Dr.L.H Hiranandai Oration Award . He was also awarded the prestigious honorary FRCS by the Royal College of surgeons Edinburgh.
He is the director of Akas Nose clinic Indore and Honorary consultant at Bhatia hospital, Mumbai. He conducts training courses and over 2000 ENT/Plastic /Maxillofacial surgeons have attended his courses over 20 years to learn Rhinoplasty from him He is considered expert of Revision Rhinoplasty He Published the first book on Rhinoplasty in India which went in 3 editions and is read in over 20 countries . He has published over 40 Original research papers and contributed chapters in several books. He is considered as expert in Revision Rhinoplasty .
Consultant ENT, Head and neck surgery.
Columbia Asia Hospital, Mysore, Karnataka. Narayana MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL, Mysore. Narayana health, Bangalore.
Positions Held: Consultant ENT, Head Neck Surgery since 2006
Awards: Winner National level quiz in post graduation. Winner Temporal bone dissection at MERF.
Areas of interest: Cochlear implants, Head & Neck Surgery, Endoscopic Skull base surgery
Prof and HOU Dept of ENT D Y Patil medical college.
SPECIALITY : ENT fellowship in Bonn and Bochum, Germany.
80+ Research Publications in Indian and International Journals.
Organizer and faculty in ENT workshops and conferences.
AFFILIATION : Prof and HOU Dept of ENT D Y Patil medical college.
Consultant Apollo Spectra Hospital.
Consultant Shushrusha Hospital.
Consultant Fortis Hospital.
AREA OF INTEREST : 1. Otology with special interest in Middle ear titanium implants.
2. Head- Neck oncosurgery
3. Lateral and Anterior Base skull Surgery.
1.Gold medallist and university topper at final MS Exam 2018.
2. First position in paper presentation at MENTCON 2017( state level conference)
3. First position in paper presentation at IOW 2019( International Otology Workshop)
Areas of interest: Endoskullbase surgery
• Ph.D. School of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Pune 1991
Title: Brain stem auditory evoked potential and its neurological correlates in high risk conditions of neonates, and infants.
Guide: Prof. P. S. Damle, Co-guide: Dr. Gauri Kulkarni
• Certificate of Clinical Competence: American Speech- Language- Hearing Association, U.S.A. 1983-
• Master of Education in Audiology: Northeastern University, Boston, and Mass, U.S.A., 1980-1982
• Bachelor of Science in Audiology and Speech Therapy: Bombay University 1975
Consultant ENT Surgeon
Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital
• First Prize for Oral Poster at CIGICON 2019; Topic: Cochlear implantation in inner ear malformations: Our Experience
• First Prize in award paper presentation at the Annual Conference of Association of Phonosurgeons of India (Phonocon 2016); Topic: Acute laryngeal injuries following intubation in intensive care – A study.
• First Prize for Oral Poster presentation at 12th Annual Conference of Cochlear Implant Group of India (CIGICON November 2014); Topic: Facial Nerve in Cochlear Implants
• Second Prize in Consultant Award Papers at the Annual AOI Mumbai Conference & Workshop (February 2013); Topic: Spontaneous transclival CSF leaks: a report of two cases
Prof. Emeritus Seth G.S.Medical College & K. E. M.Hospital
Consulting ENT Surgeon P.D. Hinduja Hospital, Breach Candy Hospital
Awarded the PADMASHRI by the Govt. of India – Jan. 2014
Awarded by the President of India, the prestigious Dr. B .C. Roy Award in the category of “Recognition of the best talents in encouraging the development of specialities in different branches of Medicine” on 1st July, 2005 at Rashtrapati Bhuvan, New Delhi
Awarded the PADMASHRI by the Govt. of India – Jan. 2014
Global Hospital, Wockhardt Hospital, Apollo Spectra Hospital
Executive Committee Member CIGI
Expert Advisor, ADIP Scheme
Vice President , Sialendoscopy Group of India
Chairman CIGICON 2019
Numerous articles in National and International Journals
Areas of Interest – Computers & Technology
Awards And Publications: Gold Medal In MS ENT, DORL
Featured In Limca Book Of Award For Operating 22 Days Baby With Orbital Cellulitis
Various Publication In National And International Journal,
Editor Of ENT Chapter In Paedeatric Infectious Disease Atlas.
Worked in Tata memorial as a clinical and then research fellow.
Fellowship with Dr Steiner Germany in co2 laser surgery
He is doing laser surgery for the past 21 years. And has conducted live surgical workshops in his hospital in Nashik.
Other areas of interest where he is currently working are Cochlear implants, Sialendoscopy, head neck and phono surgery.
he is running the only vertigo lab in the city
Besides this his other interests are running marathons, tennis.
He is an active Rotarian
Positions held Honorary at BDBA Municipal Hospital, Kandivali
Awards and Publications International Visiting Scholar by American Academy of Otolaryngology & Head-Neck Surgery
Areas of Interest Endoscopic Ear Surgery, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Dr Renu Rajguru, MBBS, MS(ENT), DNB (ENT), DORL, MNAMS
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Grant Medical College, Mumbai
Professor at Armed Forces Medical College Pune, & Command Hospital Air Force Bangalore and various other Military Hospitals
First Position in Mumbai University For MS(ENT) in 1998
20 publications in various National and International journals
Cochlear implant surgery, Anterior skull base surgery, Facial aesthetic surgery
Professor, Department of ENT, HBT Medical College and Dr RN Cooper Hospital
1) Professor - Dr.R.N.Cooper Hospital, Mumbai 2) Consultant - Hinduja Hospital, Khar Mumbai 3) Consultant - Bhargava ENT Clinic, Mumbai
President Elect 2019 Association of Otolaryngologists of India
Otology & Endoscopic sinus surgery
Additional Professor & Incharge (Speech and Hearing)
Speech and Hearing Unit, Deptt. of E.N.T., PGIMER,
1. Dayalan Samuel’s SSV award – best paper in Audiology at 28th National Conference of Indian Speech and Hearing Association, Calcutta on 19th – 21st January, 1996.
2. Muktesh’s award – Best paper in Speech Pathology at 27th National Conference of Indian Speech and Hearing Association, Madras on 10th – 12th March,1995.
3. N.R. Chaudhary Memorial award- Best paper in Audiology at 43rd National conference of Indian Speech and Hearing Association held at Kolkata from 21st-23rd Jan 2011.
4. Dayalan Samuel’s SSV award – best paper in Audiology at 44th National conference of Indian Speech and Hearing Association held at Hyderabad from 20th-22nd Jan 2012.
5. ’Young Scientist award’ at 9th Asia Pacific Symposium on Cochlear Implants and related Sciences held at Hyderabad from 26th-29th Nov 2013
Consultant & Professor, Department of ENT V.M.M.C & Consultant & Professor, Department of ENT V.M.M.C
Position held Past Secretary & Treasurer of A.O.I Delhi Branch Awards & Publications Multiple research publications in I.J.L.O & different international journals.
Area of Interest Cochlear Implant & Base of skull Endoscopic surgeries
Sr. ENT Consultant
KEM Hospital, Sahyadri Speciality Nagar Road Hospital, Inamdar Multispeciality Hospital, Apollo Spectra Hospital, Ruby Hall Hospital, Prudent Clinics
Positions held President AOI Pune Branch 2011-2012
Vice President AOI Pune Branch 2010-2011
Secretary of Pune Otology Group 2004- 05
Governing Body Member of POG 2005 – 06
Chairman: Surgical Demonstration Committee for the 65 th AOICON 2013
Chairman: Scientific Committee for the 45 th MENTCON 2013
Chairman: Live Surgical Demonstration for AFMC LASENT FORCE-2014
Dept. of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology, NISH
Awards and Publications
- Best Oral Poster Award for the paper titled “Measurement of Outcome effectiveness for Cochlear Implantation in children aged 1-3 Years in Kerala, India- An Interim report of a longitudinal outcome Study “– Jeena Mary Joy (Presenting Author), Suja Kunnath, Sita.S,Samuel.N.Mathew at Asia Pacific Symposium on Cochlear Implants, Hyderabad, India in November 2013
- Second Best Oral Paper Award for the paper titled “Theory of Mind in Children using Cochlear Implants. Lois Thampy (Presenting Author), Jeena Mary Joy, Sita Sreekumar presented at Annual Convention of Cochlear Implant Group of India. Cochin, November 2016
- Platform presentations in many national and International Conference platforms including American Speech and Hearing Annual Convention-Florida USA, Asia Pacific Conference on Speech Language and Hearing Sciences, Guangzhou,China
Areas of Interest
• Speech and Language outcomes after cochlear implantation
• Theory of Mind, Bilingualism & Literacy in children with Deafness
• Biological Markers for auditory & language developments after cochlear implantation
• Early Identification & Intervention of deafness
Director & Chief Audiologist
SHABDA BRAHMA Speech & Hearing Clinic, Cochlear Implant Rehab Centre
Position held: Executive Member of CIGI 2016-17, Excecutive Member of GISHA, Organising Committee of CIGICON 2012, Ahmedabad, and General Secretary AIISH 2004-05.
Areas of interest: Diagnostic Audiology & Implants
Awards : Young Scientist Award ; ISHACON 37 Indore, Best Paper Audiology Award ; ISHACON 39 Calicut
Asst Prof of Audiology & Head
Centre for Audiology & Speech Pathology , Dept of ENT, Govt Medical College
1.Dean , Faculty of Health Science ,University of Calicut since 2016
2.State Technical Member , Sruthitharangam, Kerala Govt free cochlear implant program since 2012
3.State technical adviser for new born hearing screening program in Kerala
4.Board of chairman MASLP, BASLP courses under University of Calicut and Kannur
Award and Publication : Prestigious Prof R.K Oza oration award 2018 during 50th Anniversary conference of Indian Speech & Hearing Association held at Mysore in 2018
Area of interest: Newborn hearing screening , Policy making in the field of hearing and disability management
TNMC & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai since last 22 years
Positions held Assistant Prof at TNMC
President MISHA ( 2019-2020)
Member of Promotion Research and Training Committee-ISHA (2019-20)
Awards & Publications Publications: 14
National Journal- 5
Chapter sin Monographs/Book-4
Areas of Interest CI Rehabilitation
Vestibular diagnosis and management
Diagnostic Audiology esp. Electrophysiological measurements
Ms Fatema Jagmag, Bachelors in Audiology & Speech Therapy
Consulting Audiologist & Centre head
Shaba Speech & Hearing Centre
1. Aured, EAR, Masina Hospital, Prince Ali Khan - Consulting Audiologist
2. Saifee Hospital - Program Head of Cochlear Implant
3. Self Practice as Centre head of Shaba Speech and Hearing Centre
4. VConnect Foundation - Co-founder & Trustee
1. 20 years of experience in candidacy selection and cochlear implant mappings of children & adults.
2. Attended various national & international workshops/conferences in cochlear implants.
3. Participated in clinical trials with cochlear implant companies with respect to their software's, speech processors & mapping strategies.
Ms Jaspal Chowdhry, M.A, B.Ed., D.Ed., LSLS Cert. AVT
• Jaspal is working as the Habilitation Manager of South Asia, with Cochlear since last 15 years.
• She is a qualified psychologist and the first Certified AVT therapist, from USA, in South Asia.
• Jaspal is working in this field for more than 20 years and has an experience of working in an Early Intervention Centre in Mumbai, for more than 10 years.
• She has been conducting short courses in AVT in different regions of South Asia since many years.
• Jaspal has collaborated with Ali Yavar Jung Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mumbai to run AVT Certificate Course for six
• This year, AYJNIHH is conducting Post Graduate Diploma in AVT.
• At present, she is conducting Auditory Habilitation Training Workshops for professionals, Home Training workshops for parents and Orientation workshops for C.I surgeons.
• Jaspal has mentored and helped two professionals to become Certified AVT therapists
Ms Leena Vishwakarma, MSc,(Gold Medalist),B.Ed(General),B.Ed(Special Education-Hearing Impaired)
Director and Senior Rehabilitationist
ShabdaBrahma Speech & Hearing Clinic
Ahmedabad , India
Initially as a Research Fellow in cancer- then b)As a Biology Teacher for Higher Secondary Classes -CBSE c) As a Special Educator for Cochlear Implantees Since 2010 ,d) Special interest & working more on the implantee’s Mainstreaming , Education and parent ‘s guidance/ empowermen
Meenakshi Speech and Hearing Clinics (P) Ltd
• Now has various clinics in North of India and is associated with many good Hospitals in Northern India as Audiological consultant and Cochlear Implant Consultant
• Certified Dangerous Decibel Trainer
Was awarded ‘Best Speech and Hearing Clinics of India’ - by Global Healthcare in August 2013
Awarded first prize for paper titled -`Remote Programming of Cochlear Implant - Most practical solution in Indian Scenario’ CIGICON, Chandigarh
Army Hospital (Research & Referral)
New Delhi, India
1. Vocal emotion recognition in group of individuals with normal hearing, sensorineural hearing loss and auditory dys-synchrony (2012), student research at AIISH, AIISH Journal, Mysore, IX, 240-249.
2. “Audiological outcomes in cases with Mucopolysaccharidosis (Morquio’s Disease)” pg - 75, Indian Journal of Otology (2014)
Ms Ravali Mathur, Masters in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
Lecturer (Sp & Hg), Dept of speech and language pathology
Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of the Speech and Hearing Disabilities (Divyangjan)
Areas of interest:
? Childhood phonological disorders, language development and its disorders,
cochlear implants, Auditory verbal therapy, Auditory verbal memory and adult
neurogenic communication disorders.
Consultant Audiologist & Speech Language Pathologist
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
Presented papers in Conferences and Seminars, National and International
Chaired and Co-Chaired various sessions at National Conferences and Seminars
Lectures given at various National Conferences and Seminars
Active member of Associations and Professional Groups.
Organized Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
Coordinator for several RCI- recognized CRE programs.
Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist
Holy Family Hospital, Holy Spirit Hospital, Lilavati Hospital
Award- 3rd prize- Oral Poster presentation, 12th Annual CIGICON, 2014 held in New Delhi
Publication- “Role of auditory working memory on the prescription of hearing aid gain and type of compression in geriatrics”, 2012, Student Research at AIISH, Mysore, Volume IX-A: 2010-11
Diagnostic Audiology, Cochlear Implants and other Implantable Devices, Principles of Auditory Verbal Therapy
Clinical Specialist in Cochlear Implants, New Born Hearing Screening :
- Orange City Hospital and Research Institute, (OCHRI).
- NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences (NKPSIMS) and
Lata Mangeshkar Hospital.
- Nelson Mother and Child Care Hospital.
- Honorary, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College & Hospital, (IGGMC).